Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe
Coconut flour pancakes are a great way to start the day!
I have even become braver with my cooking and started looking at what’s in the cupboard and being confident in making things up as I go along. This is exactly the reason why I ventured into coconut flour pancakes, as I had some coconut flour in the cupboard so thought, “Why not, let’s give it a try!”
They are really tasty, light, and fluffy and as I am on a low natural sugar diet at the moment I had them with almond nut butter, blueberries, and delicious raw honey. They are easy to make and a great way to start the day.
– ½ cup of coconut flour
– 4 eggs
– 1 tbs of vanilla essence
– 2 cups of almond milk (or coconut milk)
– ½ teaspoon of sea salt
– Coconut oil for cooking
– Sieve the flour into a bowl, crack in the eggs, add the vanilla essence and sea salt, and milk. Give it a good stir. You want the mixture to be slightly thicker so that they are more like American pancakes, not the thinner English style you may be used to.
– If they are still a bit thick, then add more milk to get to the right consistency.
– Once the mixture is ready, heat the coconut oil in the frying pan and then add the mixture in thick rounded pancake shapes. Leave until brown and then flip them over. Continue frying for another 1-2 minutes.
– They are done! Add whatever fruit and condiments that you like. My favourite is a sprinkle of dedicated coconut, blueberries, and honey! I also like them with coconut yogurt!
This recipe is one that you will find on our 3-day detox retreats, where we cut out all sugar, wheat, dairy, yeast, caffeine, and soya and offer workshops in making these food types with recipes to take home so that you can feel supported by us to make healthy life changes to your diet.